• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

INK RAN OUT CLOGGED Head Need to Align

tooserious

I Have a Mimaki JV3 130 SPII.....the ink ran out it was like he...ll trying to get it unclogged. I don't know whether I did it or not but one of the black(stick up tubes) on the head was broken. I replaced with a new one(well off an old head) Got it working...it had gotten ink on the head and where the ribbons are . I cleaned that up...now I get a blue ghost on everything. I tried to align any suggestions please!!!! Thank you All Signs

tooserious

HERE is a picture of a test

I have soaked the head for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 104

mimakitech24

did you get any ink on the ribbon cables?

you dont have the blue ghost on your test print...you could try running a check pattern and see if you get the ghosting if not, that means that somewhere between the rip comp and your print head, info is being jumbled up...my suspicion if that you got ink on your ribbon cables or somewhere else in the heads wiring...also, check your encoder strip as well...

and a check pattern is different than a test print pattern..