• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink ran out; no alert; ink drop out

Freese

Relaying this through a collegue, because I have no experience with Rolands.

It's a Versacamm 540...Magenta cartridge ran out and didn't alert printer, now Magenta is dropped out.

I would assume air is in the line as they have done all the cleanings and soaks.

Is there some sort of "ink fill" like on some of the Mimakis?

Thanks all!

Ken

On my versacamm 300 there is a setting to allow the ink to run out or for it to STOP where the cart gets low.
I use that.
Ken

cdiesel

They usually stop automatically. This problem ususally happens when the little "ink out" tab on the cart doesn't come out to indicate that the ink is gone..

As for filling the ink, I'd recommend just using a syringe to pull ink through until you see that color in the syringe.

Jim Hill

Same Problem with my SP-300

I had the exact same problem this week with my Roland SP-300

No warning!!!!!!!!!!

In my case the magenta got pulled back into the yellow damper and went a few inch's up the plastic tube.

Makes for a real problem.

Jim

Bly

It happens now and then to ours.

Usually a couple of head cleans and it is good to go.

ova

This is the reason we have a big sticker on the printer Saying " Did you check the ink level this morning?"

Dave