Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ink refill

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by bayshorecreations, Oct 15, 2008.

1. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    Is it just me or did I just use up a lot of ink doing the ink refill on my falcon outdoor? Seems like a lot came out.
    I also have a question for you guys about the print quality here. I havent even gotten to the point of hooking this thing up to my computer yet but when I run a test print on it the colors come out very grainy. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. A liitle more info on what you're doing. Installing a new machine, etc?

3. bayshorecreations

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    Sorry, I bought this machine used. It's a 62" Falcon Outdoor. Just put inks into it.

4. bayshorecreations

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    Anyone?

5. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Yes, an ink fill does consume a lot of ink.

On the grainy issue: I assume that the test print that you're printing is the Nozzle Check Test Print, from the machine's control panel correct? It prints in a single pass, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the graininess in the solid patches. In production you never print in that pass count. In that test print, you want to see essentially 6 solid colors, CMYKcm , with few or no white lines that indicate nozzle outs.

Bob