• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink refill

Is it just me or did I just use up a lot of ink doing the ink refill on my falcon outdoor? Seems like a lot came out.
I also have a question for you guys about the print quality here. I havent even gotten to the point of hooking this thing up to my computer yet but when I run a test print on it the colors come out very grainy. Any thoughts?
Thanks

S

Sign-Man Signs

A liitle more info on what you're doing. Installing a new machine, etc?

Yes, an ink fill does consume a lot of ink.

On the grainy issue: I assume that the test print that you're printing is the Nozzle Check Test Print, from the machine's control panel correct? It prints in a single pass, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the graininess in the solid patches. In production you never print in that pass count. In that test print, you want to see essentially 6 solid colors, CMYKcm , with few or no white lines that indicate nozzle outs.

Bob