• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Reservoir on the FujiFilm Acuity

SolitaryT

I'm running the Fuji flatbed, just replaced the Magenta ink bag, and now it's waiting ridiculously long to print stuff saying it's "Waiting for ink Reservoir to fill" every time. I tried flushing the magenta, and that didn't help. Anyone ever deal with this and know how to fix it?

WorldWideWebb

Magenta Problem

I have a Fuji Acuity Advance Select. There could be a few things going on there. Did you purge the ink line for air. I always open the maintenance hatch on the front and then open the valve. I put a cup or something to catch the ink out of the line. Then open the maintenance drawer and do an ink purge on the magenta line only. Suction the extra ink and then close the drawer. This will trigger the ink pump to refil the ink. Wait till you see ink come out of the line that you should still have open in the front. Once ink is flowing out of the line go ahead and close the valve off. This should ensure that you have a charged ink line with out air. If you are still having problems you may want to check out the filters in the gantry. If you see ink in the last chance filters you may have had some back pressure and reverse ink flow. If those babies aren't clean then you will have problems. Hope this helps...

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I have a Fuji Acuity Advance Select. There could be a few things going on there. Did you purge the ink line for air. I always open the maintenance hatch on the front and then open the valve. I put a cup or something to catch the ink out of the line. Then open the maintenance drawer and do an ink purge on the magenta line only. Suction the extra ink and then close the drawer. This will trigger the ink pump to refil the ink. Wait till you see ink come out of the line that you should still have open in the front. Once ink is flowing out of the line go ahead and close the valve off. This should ensure that you have a charged ink line with out air. If you are still having problems you may want to check out the filters in the gantry. If you see ink in the last chance filters you may have had some back pressure and reverse ink flow. If those babies aren't clean then you will have problems. Hope this helps...

Exactly this... plus, we got our engineer to rig up a syringe with appropriate fitting for the ink filter purge line, so we can suck the air out of the filter at a much faster rate than letting the printer try to purge itself.
All of our ink fill issues have gone away since starting this method.