• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Rubbing Off

ml4cs

I have a roland SP540i, using orajet 3651G and liquicolor inks. I am using the oracal 651G profile in versaworks and the MAXimpact color profile

I am having an issue when I print and cut decals for cell phones that the ink rubs off the decal in a few days of use. I know I can laminate and that will solve this issue but I thought it took serious abrasion for the ink to rub off on these decals as the ink is in the media.

Is there a media that would work better? is there a color profile or product setting that will work better? or is this a situation that I am expecting too much from the product and I need to laminate?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You are evidently very new to this feature of inkjet printing. Most prints are made and put on signs, vehicles and other types of signs. In most cases, they are laminated to protect them from weather, sun and vandalism. So, by not laminating them, you are exposing your ink to everything, but most of all, handling by human hands. Guess why you wipe down and clean most vinyl before cleaning ?? To get the oil from their hands off. Do you think your customers are wearing white gloves everytime they use their phone ?? Peoples hands are oily, greasy and very dirty. That will not go away under any circumstances. As mentioned, you are misinformed and expecting too much from your printer. Either laminate or find another niche before you p!ss off all your customers.

ml4cs

You are evidently very new to this feature of inkjet printing. Most prints are made and put on signs, vehicles and other types of signs. In most cases, they are laminated to protect them from weather, sun and vandalism. So, by not laminating them, you are exposing your ink to everything, but most of all, handling by human hands. Guess why you wipe down and clean most vinyl before cleaning ?? To get the oil from their hands off. Do you think your customers are wearing white gloves everytime they use their phone ?? Peoples hands are oily, greasy and very dirty. That will not go away under any circumstances. As mentioned, you are misinformed and expecting too much from your printer. Either laminate or find another niche before you p!ss off all your customers.
I appreciate the feedback, thank you, I will look into a laminator