• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink selection

Seth Griffin

I've been getting some unusual issues with my cyan inks. An expert at CCS Digital in German looked at my color replacement, and noted that while I'd already removed all the magenta, the photos of the final print were still showing some. He suggested that my cyan inks weren't 'pure' cyan, but that they might have other colors mixed in to enhance the gamut.

I've noted that when I'm printing calibration patches, my cyan patches are always darker than Onyx expects, and some of my blue and green ICC patches end up being outside of the expected range as well.

We're currently using Kiian Digistar PES HD One bulk inks (1L/2L bottles); can anyone suggest any ink brands that might give me better cyan?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've understood that often in sublimation the "cyan" ink is actually called "blue" and it's not really cyan.
Reason for this I don't know but has to do something with the sublimation.