• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Smear Mutoh 1204

Kelsey Adams

I finally got my printer up and running. Purchased FlexiSign subscription and printed my first design today (my logo). The blue has some smudge marks in it. What could cause this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 257

Joe House

We really need more info to be of any help. What printer is it? What is the history - new/ used? how long has it been idle? repairs done to the printer? What inks? - Lot's of missing info here.

hummboxx

Is this a new printer? There are several reasons that this could happen. One possibility is whether your print-head height is set to high or low. The majority of the time, you want your head height set to low, unless you are running thicker materials such as banner. We just replaced our with a 1604 with the 1624x. Before it finally gave out, our prints looked similar to what you have in your photos. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the print-head on top of many other issues. I would look at your head height first.

Johnny Best

Look under the printer head with flashlight and see if anything is hanging down. It might have picked up some scrim from banner material or something. It looks like the contaminate is dragging across the print.
Also I always run my printer head on high for all materials

Joe House

Sorry Kelsey, I just noticed the model is in the title. As hummboxx said, it could be a few things. If this is new, get with the dealer and have them make it right. If this is used, I would start with the regular maintenance - cleaning the head and cap top, replace the maintenance station.

Kelsey Adams

I bought it used. Just replaced whole maintenance station along with cap top. I had the head position low, but will try it on high to see if it makes a difference.

hummboxx

Henryp is correct. You don't see it in the red area. This is a finicky area to deal with. I've repaired these machine on several occasions, but, I am not certified, so I don't want to give you any direct advice to follow. Print-heads for these machines are expensive, so I would either contact a service tech or do some good research on the matter, there is a lot of good information out there that can lead you in the right direction. I hope you are able to solve it with no issues, good luck.

Kelsey Adams

So this print didn’t have any cyan and no smear at all, so does this help narrow down what the problem could be with the cyan?

Attachments

• A58785DF-BA6A-4D3C-BCF8-CDB22A4B6850.jpeg
    A58785DF-BA6A-4D3C-BCF8-CDB22A4B6850.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 315

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a fried head. When it comes to over spray that looks like this it's pretty much always and electrical issue internal to the head. You can change the head cables and clean the terminals which might fix the issue but in my many years as a certified tech I have never seen a head print like that and recover.