• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink/solvent waste

WB

What do you guy s do with your waste? I have about 5 years of saved up ink and solvent in various coffee cans and other jugs. Time for it to go. I've been looking in the phone book for an industrial waste company but haven't had any luck yet.

randya

Depends on your local regulations.

Around here, the regulation is 'no free liquids', so as long as it cant leak, it can be trashed.

You can also check with those companies who recycle oil from service stations and car dealerships, to have it recycled. We use a service that recycles/burns for fuel.

CheapVehicleWrap

hazardous waste day twice a year in several local towns. Must show license you live in that town. Will take up to 10 gallons of just about anything.

We have a 55 gallon drum where we put waste ink. When it's full, we call our local environmental services company to dispose of it and bring in a new drum.

tbaker

our local dumps have containers for the stuff, but to help in the future, if you leave your waste ink uncovered, in time all the VOCs will evaporate, leaving you with a big black blob, which you can then throw in the trash. ( it's just like throwing away a trash print)

MikePro

pour it over your waste vinyl in the dumpster, a little at a time

dried ink isn't hazardous waste.

bcpop

I worked a deal out with a local body shop. When I have stored up a gallon, I go and dump into their waste drum and pay them a small fee. They have a monthly hazardous waste pick-up service.

Mainframe

Ball up newspapers, put them in a can, pour the ink over it & let it dry, free cheap way to get rid of it, the ink will dry in no time.

J

john1

I called my local landfill, told them what it was and they said bring it in in a coffee container, and put it with the ink cartridges they recycle.