• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink splotchy on Oracal cast vinyl (only 1 color)

F80M3

Custom Title
I printed this on green cast Oracal 6150 with my Mutoh and it lays down perfectly. Then I printed it on this pink and it’s horrible. Not sure why. It’s both same profile, same fluorescent vinyl, same age of vinyl.

running heat at 42 which is what I do for most of my prints. Green was perfect solid black.

anyone have ideas on why? Or what I’m doing wrong?

I printed about 5 ft of testing and it’s all like this. So it’s not like the first 12” was dusty or something.

Attachments

• 373D6A1D-8C12-49DA-BB67-FB2DEA4D18B0.jpeg
    373D6A1D-8C12-49DA-BB67-FB2DEA4D18B0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I usually see that pattern when the profile is laying too much ink down, the heat isn't high enough, or the vinyl simply can't take the ink properly. Since this vinyl is not meant for printing I would say it's probably just the vinyl. Different colors have different pigments and can react differently to printing. That being said, try turning the heat up, although you are already fairly high, and try a few other profiles.

F80M3

Custom Title
Thanks! I’ll try playing with it a little more. First time I’ve had issues with printing on random vinyl. Appreciate the feedback!