• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink spray SP 300

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Anyone know why my printer would be laying down ink splotches and sprays like the attached? Test print seems to be fine. Seems to be the magenta more than any other color. I've cleaned the encoder strip. I did replace the foam takeup pad recently and the one sent to me was too thick so the heads swiped across it. I had to slice it to make it thinner. Could this have damaged one of the heads? Dabbing the heads with cleaning solution seems to help for a little while but back to the same spray. Thanks!

Attachments

• SPRAY.jpg
    SPRAY.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 82

rydods

Yeah. I read a couple of past posts that mentioned to turn off and unplug the machine. That didn't seem to work. I upping the humidity the only way to correct this if it's the problem?

splizaat

are you sure you don't have a piece of dust hanging from the head or the cut carriage acting like a paint brush?

rydods

As the print head goes across the media, the spray gets worse as the head moves. In otherwords the head running from left to right, the image has more magenta overspray on the left of the media.

D&D Graphx

D&D Graphx Modesto, CA
I am having the same problem. I just posted to get help. Did you figure this out. I have cleaned my head well every part of my printer. You can see my post I did today its bad.

drkkst

I am afraid that both of you need to replace the problematic overspraying heads.
Sorry but no other solutions may help..

cavrom

I have a Mutoh and I had the same problem. A friend told me that the screws are weak and the printhead movement produce balance.
Try to see if the screws are tight and/or the bottom wheels are blocked.

rjssigns

Could be the media. We printed some static cling that caused enough over spray to shut down the printer. What a mess.