• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink tank empty??? Roland xc-540

Salmoneye

I am so new that I have never replaced an ink cartridge. Print was wrong color, banding etc... I did test print and 85% of the magenta is dropped out. Removed the cartridge and they feel awfully light but printer doesn't say it's empty. Tried a head cleaning and only the exact same lines fire. I will order some ink tomorrow but I would like an education. Also this printer has 6 colors 12 cartridges. Will it still print if only one cartridge is full or is it mandatory to have ink in both? I would like to run the machine on 1 440ml for a couple of weeks and then replace the other so that both cartridges won't run out at exactly the same time.

iSign Wraps

It won't print on just one cart. The heads are duel heads with one cartridge going to each half. If one ran out it will need to be pumped back up before that half of the head will print.

Salmoneye

Great information, thank you. One half of the head is not printing at all and the other half is printing at 75% so I actually have two empty cartriges and neither of them show as empty. :-(

JoshLoring

The Xc shows empty when the cartriges still have some ink to prevent air from entering the lines. If your head test print is missing sections then you just need ink plain and simple.
On the back of the cartridge there is a tab that pops out when empty. If you are SURE there is ink you check to see if it's popping out, tape it off and rerun. I don't suggest doing it though because you can suck air but it's a quick fix for small runs to get that extra little ink out :)

JoshLoring

Was the tab out? Sometimes they don't pop out and suck air because the machine thinks there is ink. Sucks..