• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink tubing kit for HP 5500ps UV

vladio

Looks like my black ink issue's returned. I found air in the tube that I could see up by the printheads last night. The new black printhead's toast as well.

I found two part numbers for this kit. One was found with a google search and the other from the service manual for the printer. Just wondering why there's two.

The numbers I found were:

Q1253-60042 (google search)
C6090-60231 (manual)

Also, I guess I'm looking for a supplier of a NEW kit with a good price. If this is going to be an expensive fix I'm thinking of selling the printer and exiting the biz.

Any suggestions on the air issue is appreciated as well. Is there something common to check? Also, The "new" black ink I bought last year has a 2008 date on it. Could this be clogging, causing a vacuum that's eventually sucking air back into the line.

Perks

Printing Service Alternatives

Have you heard of American Reprographics or ARC in Philadelphia. They may be able to offer you assistance. It Cannot hurt to inquire.

vladio

I spoke with a serv tech from the place I bough the printer from. He said it was typical air in the lines and suggested getting service heads and purging the air and replace the printhead. I noticed the black ink had an experation date of 2008. Not sure about that as they were suppose to be new and "fresh" when I bought the inks last year. I'll be sure to check those dates from now on. I ordered a new black ink cart as well.

I'm going to replace the ink cart, purge the ink lines with the service heads then install a new black print head. I hope this works!

Thanks for the help!

Joe