• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ink usage question

datablitz

I'm using a roland sp-300i. I am printing a large job on banner material with a large black area and a green area. The green area is mostly yellow with a little cyan, according to the cmyk color code in my document. The black is straight black. Looking at my ink levels before and after a large portion, my printer sems to be using a large amount of magenta ink. Why would it be using magenta in this job? Is it mixing it with black or something? Just sems odd to me.

Thanks for any info.

Custom_Grafx

Hi,

Yes, if you haven't set up VW to identify K100 to output as such, then it will create black by mixing colours as per the profile.

To set K100 to print as K100 in VW, go to edit, special color settings, and create a black input of 100 and corresponding output of 100. Resend your job into VW again, and make sure "convert special color" is ticked in the file format section of the job settings for the artwork.

Hope that helps?

kffernandez

a nicely rich black will always use a certain amount of all colors. [which is set up during the creation of your profile] blacks that are only made up of 100k and nothing else will look really flat and dull.

kelly