• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Waste?

customcreations

I opened a cartridge after it said it was on the way out and wow that is alot of ink waste. I have checked a couple of them and all the same. The Mimaki's will print right up to the end but not to the point of emptying the lines. Mutoh needs to do the same thing with theirs. I have been told by techs if you keep on printing after disabling the alarm it will print until it empties the lines. Has anyone had any experiences with this this. --Phillip

toddot

ink waste

We use a Falcon Outdoor 63"
My low ink warning seems to warn me with about
8' of printing left. I have run the machine until the
machine tells me the cartridge is empty and stops printing right
in the middle of the job. When I replace the empty with a new
cartrideg, the machine picks up where it left off. There is sometimes
a slight notice in the banding but not very often. I think it is worth the
risk rather than throwing out a cartridge that still has (expensive) ink
in it. That little bit of inl cango a long way sometimes

Valentino

i actually haven't gone through a full cartridge as of yet....

first set....did a head wash (stupid me)
second set...needed a new printhead so we had to flush the lines
third set... new maintaince station so we had to flush the lines
fourth set...we had to install new dampers and had to flush the lines.

FIFTH SET....we might actually get down to zero by printing!

YAH! but i guess that's the trouble of owning a wide format printer.

Compilla

i actually haven't gone through a full cartridge as of yet....

second set...needed a new printhead so we had to flush the lines
third set... new maintaince station so we had to flush the lines
fourth set...we had to install new dampers and had to flush the lines.

YAH! but i guess that's the trouble of owning a wide format printer.

No need to flush the lines for that

Valentino

"flush the lines" is my way of saying we had to fill ink. so when we installed the printhead we ran 2 little charges, and then 4 strong cleanings. when I got a new maintaince station we ran 4 little charges because the head wasn't sitting on the cap. when i replaced the dampers same thing, ran littlecharges. so i've never printed from 100 to 0. so i've never gotten a real amount of left over ink when it comes to zero.

My ValueJet alarms at 5% but I have printed until it was empty then put another cartridge in. I don't know if it makes a difference if you run it clear to the end but I've heard that keeping a constant flow of ink in the lines is best.

Derf

I have a VJ1204 and I have run the carts out of ink but 90% of the time I change it when the alarm goes off!

I mean in the scope of things the extra few ml left are not going to affect the price of the job and if it did I'd be in trouble!