• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink won't fill after moving SP-300

GW

Hi All,

I have an SP-300 (converted to V) that was recently moved, requiring the inks to be drained. Despite my best efforts, I cannot get the ink to fill; pre-move it was fine.

I've done the following:

1) replaced all 4 cartridges (genuine Roland)
2) replaced all 4 dampers (genuine Roland)
3) replaced both cap tops, wipers, etc. (genuine Roland)
4) drew fresh ink from cartridges to dampers via syringe (ink keeps receeding)
5) performed multiple "Fill Ink" cycles
6) adjusted cap top height, attempted suction via cap top hose (works somewhat)
7) soaked heads overnight

The unit is a SP-300 with the new pump that has performed reliably for 7 years. I'm at a loss! Perhaps I'm missing something obvious? I'm good about maintaining the printer as I don't print often (mainly cut jobs) and I've never had this issue before.

Thanks,

GW

S

spmracing

This is very odd... Did you make sure that none of the brackets got bent and that the seal is good around the pump mount? I only ask because i did this to my mutoh..

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I moved mine and had a problem with ink that dried in the hoses. #4 seems strange, why is the ink receeding? If there is a blockage and only a small portion of ink is getting thru, it may be creating a vacume and pulling it back?....just a guess.
New hose is cheap so it may be worth a try to replace them.

anozira02

It seems to me you might have vacuum problem,, check to see if all the dampers and ink lines well seated, after that put the unit through head cleaning a few times...

FrankW

Try to pull ink at the tubes of the cap tops to fill the heads too. If this works (ink comes into the syringe), it could be that the Pump is the problem, or a clogged waste ink tube.