• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink?

xtreme872

I have a mutoh vj 1204.. anyone using third party inks?,,, I was buying the mutoh ink from Advantage and now they are gonna only stock triangle inks? My local N.Glantz branch stocks bordeaux inks in the 440 ml catrridges.. and the price is good just curious as to if anyone has used them?

rjssigns

Don't know if this will help, but I started buying Roland OEM inks from US Cutter. Saving about 18 bucks a cart.(440ml) Get 'em in 2 days. Might want to check them out. Pretty sure they have all brands.

alfred

I stop yesterday the triangle MLD inks (mild), because a serius banding problem in magenta, now i put VENUS (mild) inks...i let you know the results

J Hill Designs

so you went from one aftermarket set of inks to an even lesser known set of aftermarket inks because the ink was causing problems?

FTG

We bought some aftermarket ink from sign warehouse and we seemed to go through 2 of those to every 1 of the actual mutoh brand ink. I dont recall of the top of my head what the aftermarket ink was though. I think it was endura ink.

ChicagoGraphics

You stop using a 3rd party ink because you got some bad banding? What makes you think it's even the ink that's causing your banding??

Wiggum PI

i just read that bordeaux are gonna start manufacturing in the US, so you might get better support out of them if that helps.

alfred

I was using TRIANGLE MLD(mild) in vj 1614 for 2 years without any promblem.Then they change the last year they make the new MLD ink and immediately i start having promblems with reds and banding in magenta even if i use highet quality printing, the printhead need more cleaning and so i stop using them. Cost for 1 lt was 100€ plus 5 € for each smart cart. But with old triangle inks the prints was very very good

KevSign

Go with ColorWen 626-363-8859 work with my Mutoh 1624. Jetbest system suck did not work event the smart card, we stuck with them $500 did not return call or help to fix the problem, bad customer service and product.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Using 3rd party plug-n-play Mutoh inks

I have a mutoh vj 1204.. anyone using third party inks?,,, I was buying the mutoh ink from Advantage and now they are gonna only stock triangle inks? My local N.Glantz branch stocks bordeaux inks in the 440 ml catrridges.. and the price is good just curious as to if anyone has used them?

I have a customer with a Mutoh ROCKHOPPER and a customer with Mutoh FALCON OUTDOOR II using our 3rd party plug-n-play inks successfully. Please let me know how I may help.

elsignshop

I'm using STS ink from cybersupply, I love it, my 2 printers run 12 hours a day 7 days a week, been using STS ink for months and not a problem with anything. I save thousands of dollars a month since I switched.

OlsonSigns601

I've got the 1204 too. I'm getting the ink from Fellers for what 69 bucks for a 220ml.

440 are just to long and stick out on the 1204 to far and would be hazard in my shop.

I would switch to 3rd party ink but, I've got signs out there right now that I've printed 2 1/2 years ago, don't have any lamination, face the south and look as good as they do the day I put them up. If a 3rd party ink has been around for 1/2 that time and has those same results, sign me up.

As for me, unless they hold up as good as the Mutoh inks and have proof of that, I'm not changing.

rexsee

I can't seem to find information about ink durability in terms of months, can someone inform me about the durability of inks which compares true solvent, mild solvent, latex, UV Curable, and dye based inks? thanks so much.. This is for example using sticker as media, on vehicle wraps exposed in sun, acid rain or what have you. thank you!