Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inks from CMYKPARTS.com...anyone using them??

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by onlyjames, Aug 17, 2009.

1. onlyjames

onlyjames The World Is Never Enough

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    I have delt with Victor several times, always good service ect ect. Im thinking of using the inks he provides....does anyone else use/have used them? Any problems....concerns ect ect. Obviously the savings are tempting....but I value quality much much more...

Anyone? thanks!

Tags:
  2. Mikeifg

Mikeifg Active Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Heartland
    Inks were LAVA brand when I bought from him. More odor and you'll get a slight color change at least I did when running a print with orange in it and changing inks 1/2 way thru. If your printing a wrap and swap out in the middle of it you might notice a change in color otherwise they worked out pretty good. Definately flush your lines.

3. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    I worry when you say more odor, that typically means stronger solvents and quicker drying.

More attack on components and easier to clog nozzles.

4. onlyjames

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    Yeah, I think the worry is not worth it....there is almost always a reason something is half price. I just ordered some more Mutoh Ink......just doesnt seem worth it....not enough positive feedback on it.

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Best color and easy on your printer is OEM.

6. onlyjames

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    yeah....I finally have me LIL Rockhopper 38 printing awesome, there is no reason to go and mess all that up for a few $$.....when new print heads and all that are close to $1k.

7. onlyjames

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    I dont know why I feel the need to ask this question when I already knew the answer....sorry!

8. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

Stick with OEM. Aftermarket inks kill the manufacturers warranty completely no matter what people tell you

9. ncpdfsb

ncpdfsb Member

Apr 5, 2007
    new york
    what about triangle inks? their was a post about a year ago that stated pros and cons but using a premium eco ink could save you hundreds without a negative effect on parts.