• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inks playing hide and seek.

Farmboy

This has been popping up every other day now. It's either the magenta or cyan. I'll print some jobs, sheet cut, start the same job and a color has dropped out. A few med cleanings brings it back 100%. Eco-Sol Max Carts are full. This is a VS-640. Only other issue is it can't print a deep red at all. Even though all nozzles fire, a good red just eludes it. :-(

NO MAGENTA.jpg

MikePro

-has this been a chronic issue, only recently happening more frequently?
-anything out of the ordinary lately, like service-work or head crashes?

ink supply is usually the culprit, either air in the system or something inhibiting the flow.
You can always rule out electrical/printhead issue if you do a data-swap, but my best guesses would be: a near-empty ink cart, airbubbles in ink line or printhead, a bad damper/seal, cracked printhead manifold (plastic tip that connects printhead to damper), or the capping station not always making a proper seal (either ink build-up or warped).