• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inks Read Near End on new cartridges.

tjsigns

Ive just had my machine tell me the ink was near end in my Yellow. I replaced the cartridge with a new one and that also read near end. I swapped the cartridges around, and now all my yellow ink cartridges read near end. I replaced the sensors inside the machine but the cartridges still read near end. I have a large job i need to print tonight and was wondering if i go ahead will it run out on yellow even if the cartridges are full. They are 440ml. Ive added the extra 30ml.

Cheers

George

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Once the machine thinks the cartridge is near empty it writes that to the chip on the cartridge and it cannot be undone. That being said it will continue to print on level 1 indefinitely or until the actual physical empty tab (which is attached to the ink bag inside) pops out of the side of the cartridge. You should be fine to just keep going with it.

tjsigns

Once the machine thinks the cartridge is near empty it writes that to the chip on the cartridge and it cannot be undone. That being said it will continue to print on level 1 indefinitely or until the actual physical empty tab (which is attached to the ink bag inside) pops out of the side of the cartridge. You should be fine to just keep going with it.

Well i started to print my van wrap and the bloody thing came up empty on Y.All cartridges are full but now showing empty...aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!! this frickin printer will be the end of me. So now i got to order some chips for the inks.

ddubia

I had this happen with a new Seiko cartridge on our HP 8000s. Grimco immediately sent a replacement on my word with instructions to send the faulty one back later upon their request.

It's the only time something like that happened but once is too often.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Dang. Sorry to hear that tj. I wonder if different machines/firmwares allow what I mentioned. To be honest I cannot remember if our old JV3 would perpetually run with chips at level 1 as long as the empty tab does not pop out, I want to think it did. I know for fact our newer JV33 does do this. This is why on the odd occasion you get a defective cartridge where the empty tab piece is mis-aligned or missing your printer will just happily keep right on going because it thinks it still has ink flowing when it does not.

tjsigns

Yeah i was wondering if it would stop.
Anyway i am still having issues with ink starvation or intermittant banding or whatever its called. The last prints i run before it came up empty on Yellow were all black with some white text with orange outline, and some very light grey areas. The black was perfect,as was the orange but the light grey areas had horrible banding as though the ink was missing. But the black on the same pass was perfect. I am going to take the third party inks out tomorrow and flush the heads and lines and try the oem mimaki inks, i think there should be enough to let me test to see if the inks are to blame.
Ive tried :
replacing dampers with high flow 2 bar type.
replacing pumps.
replacing capping station.
flushing heads.
reverse flushing lines.
different profiles.
I'm using flexi 8.6. My profile is 3m 180. hq 720 x 720 8 pass uni or bi. I am printing onto Arlon vehicle wrap film.
Both print ok apart from this streaking through certain colours.
Ive noticed if i print on standard setting the streaking is virtually eliminated but the colours are darker. If i up the dpi to 720 x 1440 or 1440 x 1440 the print is beautiful but dark.
This has got me beat.
My only choice is to go back to the oem inks and hope its a problem with the 3rd part inks. I didnt have the ink starvation before i swapped over the inks.
Has anyone had issues like this when swapping to a "cheaper" third party ink. I am starting to think this swap to cheaper inks wasnt that cheap after all.
Will update if i can fix this problem as it "WILL NOT" beat me.
Failing the inks my next move will be to take my heads and other parts and put them onto the second mimaki jv3 i have sitting in storage. I know this is a drastic move but not sure what else to do.:banghead:
Cheers

George

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hello George
1. what 3rd party inks are they?
2.where did u get this machine from?
PM me as I am in your area and I know you have already rung us, but I did not speak with you.
Tekkie1:smile: