• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

inserting clipart

rburtonrmx

Ok i know you vet's are gonna laugh at this one.I am trying to make some vinyl graphics for a bunch of people at a nearby lake. i have several clipart collections and i am trying to get a piece of clipart of an anchor. i have a couple in eps format when i try to insert them into my LXI expert 6.6 software the show up but it says no cutable object? any clues what im doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Pro Image

You need to IMPORT them into the software not cut and paste...........
Usually under the File menu........

That will get you going..............

Bill Modzel

Hey there shovel. EPS doesn't always mean it's a vector file. I can save a jpeg as an .ai file too but it's still a jpeg inside.

Bill Modzel

Fair enough, I get all kinds of ridicules combinations of file perversions from customers, including raster eps files.
I kinda read over the clip art thing.
Not being famailiar with LXI, might it actually rasterize a placed file automatically? If it's an eps file why can he just open it instead of placing it?

high impact

I have flexi but would think it is comparable - right click the image, see if it gives you option of "unmask", click unmask and delete any raster boxes that come up. You may have to unmask a couple of layers - I've had that happen a few times but never with a clipart program.