• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install and bad inks

jayhawksigns

We had our tech in this morning for about a hour starting our install. Got as far as plugging in the ink carts and the light magenta ended up not wanting to take. Being rural she is out on a 4 hour drive to get another one to get us up and running today.

She said that this is the third bad cartridge she has had in almost as many installs. I didn't know how common of a problem this was, or if its just a bit of bad luck?

signswi

Did she try wiping down the sensor with a bit of alcohol? This is common problem on any cart-fed printer. The Triangle carts we use on our JV3 are notorious for it. Sucks that it happened during your install though.

VTSigns

i had the exact same problem on installation. mine was with a black cartridge. i have had 2 bad cartridges out of 8 cartridges used. luckily i had a source locally because it took hp 2 days to get me a replacement cartridge. i didn't run into a bad cartridge in the six years of running my roland. still love my hp though.

ProColorGraphics

Hmmm... This makes me nervous as the tech will be here in an hour. It is a 2 hour drive for me each way to the nearest vendor that would have a replacement.

jayhawksigns

Working great. Just demoing the different settings to see what will work for me. Ran several vinyl and banner jobs already. She will be back in the morning to go over maintenance and such.