• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install Ideas??

visiongfx

I have a 12' diameter silo that is getting a 60"x60" e-panel sign on it. I need to fasten the sign using some sort of strapping system since penetrating the silo is not an option. The strapping needs to be designed so that when the strap is tightened it will suck the sign down to follow the radius of the silo. I was thinking 4 20' lengths of 1/4" all thread with some sort of a fastener. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I don't follow what you're saying about the strapping and all-thread. Are you running the all-thread through the silo wall? Do you have any photos? Are the silo walls smooth or ribbed?

visiongfx

I was talking about running the all thread around the silo and yes it is ribbed. I am just looking for something that will have a nice clean look.

J Hill Designs

I am thinking 1/2" angle on the edges (4-5 spots per edge, set in between ribs) and run 'hose clamp' style strapping around the silo, through slots in the angle, and tighten.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I am thinking 1/2" angle on the edges (4-5 spots per edge, set in between ribs) and run 'hose clamp' style strapping around the silo, through slots in the angle, and tighten.

I agree with the slotted aluminum angle. I would use metal strapping to fasten it to the silo. Your circumference is going to be around 37'....the freight strap will give you plenty to work with.