• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

install issues

dmeehan31

ok here is my problem. i have a seiki sk870t that i am trying to install. i have the install disk, usb, and serial cable. after using the install disk i am told the software is installed. when i send a job to the plotter i can choose every single com port and what not and still nothing.

on 1 computer i am trying to use it with flexistarter software (which came with the plotter) and the other is flexi 8.1 and once again, neither has worked.

all the forums i have looked at all seem to be no help.

please give me a hand on this 1

thanks team!! :U Rock:

CS-SignSupply

Did you buy the cutter used or from a vendor? First line of help is always the vendor. Common problem with this machine.

Check in your Device Manager, under the PORT(COMM and LPT) settings, to see if you have Prolific USB to Serial (COMX) listed. If not, the cable is not configured, or can not be configured.

If it is there, right click, properties, port settings, advanced and set com port to 1 or 2

If it is not there, dump the USB cable and buy a specific USB to Serial Adapter. Make sure you get one of the following; Sabrent, Dynamax or IOGear. These come with updated drivers either on CD on on their website for free. Then connect the cutter with its Serial cable, to the new usb adapter.

http://www.cibersupply.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=158

Let me know if I can help as I offer the Sabrent adapters. Will offer 30 Day money back guarantee in the case of your cutter still not communicating.

Attachments

• thumbnail_SBT-USC1M.jpg.png
    thumbnail_SBT-USC1M.jpg.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 71

phototec

Gold Star Award

Did you buy the cutter used or from a vendor? First line of help is always the vendor. Common problem with this machine.

Check in your Device Manager, under the PORT(COMM and LPT) settings, to see if you have Prolific USB to Serial (COMX) listed. If not, the cable is not configured, or can not be configured.

If it is there, right click, properties, port settings, advanced and set com port to 1 or 2

If it is not there, dump the USB cable and buy a specific USB to Serial Adapter. Make sure you get one of the following; Sabrent, Dynamax or IOGear. These come with updated drivers either on CD on on their website for free. Then connect the cutter with its Serial cable, to the new usb adapter.

Bobby,

This is a GREAT post, you are always so helpful, and as the name "Signs101" implies, helping the beginners, a true asset to this site. So often when someone asks a question like this, all I see are several negative posts, bashing the poster, they pick on the person for NOT buying a better more expensive plotter, etc.

I just get tired of reading all the negative and bashing replies to honest questions from beginners on here, you get a gold star award from me!

:goodpost::U Rock::thankyou:

Attachments

• Signs 101 Gold Star Award Working 2 copy.jpg
    Signs 101 Gold Star Award Working 2 copy.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 79