• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install new Graphtec fc9000 in Omega 5

artofacks1

Hello,

Our tech is out until Jan. 4th and I just got another Graphtec delivered to the shop. This one I want to use it with Omega 5 instead of Flexi. However, Graphtec 9000 isnt in the local list. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe House

You can use the generic HPGL driver in Omega. Make sure that your plotter is set to HPGL command language.

Good luck

artofacks1

You can use the generic HPGL driver in Omega. Make sure that your plotter is set to HPGL command language.

Good luck
Which HPGL do you recommend? Thanks

Are you available for paid on the phone technical support?

Attachments

• hpgl.png
    hpgl.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

artofacks1

If it's not in the list, it's not supported. Different drivers etc.
Use CM4 or flexi.
I do use Flexi with our Latex printer but would like to stay away from it as much as possible for our Edge Prints.

FYI : Flexi limits the print size and in Omega it is programmed to put the cut lines in front and back of job and still gives you full width. Another reason not to print from Flexi when paired with Graphtec.

Last edited:

Joe House

Since we're basically talking about an unsupported plotter in that software, you're going to have to try them out and see. Also, you'll likely not be able to make it read registration marks and cut Edge jobs without the "designated driver" . But you should be able to cut vinyl only jobs.