Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install perforated film in winter

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by bigben, Nov 21, 2013.

1. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I've already done installation of perforated vinyl in the early or end of winter (0° Celsius or 32° Fahrenheit). But a customer ask me to install perforated vinyl on 6 of his store in February 1st. The temperature can go down to -20° Celsius or -4 Fahrenheit).

My first question is, do I will be able to install this at those temperature? Secondly, how the material is reacting with the cold?

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    no.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    No, the film will become brittle and it won't even stick

4. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    That's what I taught. Do you have other suggestions? The windows have a little tint on them, so I would prefer to put the print on the outside of the windows. But if I don't have the choice, I will install them from the inside.

5. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Maybe if you rigged up some kind of tarp across all the windows and use one of them torpeedo propane heaters you might be able to pull it off installing from the outside then.

6. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.

don't do this.

7. "Deposit Please"

"Deposit Please" Active Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Illinois
    This install will become your worst nightmare.....and everyone else will enjoy the show.