• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

install price

Colorburst

I have been asked by an out of town sign shop to quote an install of some printed 3M 180-10 at a location nearby. The print is 4' x 70' and going on a slightly curved wall. I have not done anything this size before. Any suggestions for how to go about it and what to charge?

SignAnnex

Is it printed on 1 continuous roll or broken up into panels? Regardless 3M 180-10 has a pressure sensitive adhesive and is relatively easy/forgiving to work with. You can pretty much pull it up and reposition it depending application, just make sure the surface is thoroughly wiped down before hand. That being said you’re talking about close to $750.00 just in material substrate/laminate/ink. If it's 1 piece I would say pass on the job until you’re comfortable doing something maybe half this size. If it's paneled you'll be fine, take your time and you'll love how the pressure sensitive 3m 180-10 lays down.

As for pricing I would probably be around $450, but you'd be amazed if you knew how much this out of town company is getting to do this job.

Colorburst

Thanks for the info, very informative. I don't know yet if it is one piece or panels, but I'll check for sure. Thanks again
George

Sticky Signs

I do a lot of installs for other shops. No big deal but I always add a premium to install other peoples prints. There's always more BS involved than you anticipate so make sure to cover for that. A square foot cost plus travel should cover it and remember, do a good - no, great job and this client will send you work for years to come.

CheapVehicleWrap

This is 1/2 roll of 48" media. 280sf. roughly that of an average vehicle. It's not as much vinyl as you think. How high off the ground? Horizontal I assume? What is the face of the wall?

Colorburst

I have more info about the location, it is actually along the front of the press tables on the basketball floor and is only 30'w but I have to remove that section and apply the new print in its place. Can I apply a little heat and peel of the old fairly easliy, clean of the adhesive residue and apply the new?

Last edited:

Colorburst

I'll check with the first printer/installer but I think it was install fairly recently. They are changing the location of the wording in the print because it is too low to be read easily the material is 3M 180-10, I'm pretty sure it is lanimated. I'm not sure of the material underneath but I think it is some kind of plastic, it is the panels in front of the press tables at the sidelines of the basketball court.
Is going over the current print SOP?

Colorburst

we are not covering all of the existing panel, any problems with the edge where the new stops on top of the old?