• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install question

what the

Owner/op
I have a question about perhaps a different install method for my sign install tomorrow morning.
I have 1/2 MDO 3'h x 6'w and plan to install on wood post flush to each side of the sign. Due to the design of the sign, "scroll style" The edge allows only 1 ft of sign to install to the post. Will the rest of the sign bow in time?
Any suggestions of should I be ok?
Thanks,Amber

visual800

If it were down here in bama it would. If itmwere me I would have routed or waterjetter the design out of .125 or .080 aluminum. Without seeingma pic of the design its hard to offer any help

Billct2

1"X1" angle with sign sandwiched between two pieces thru bolted, then screwed to posts. Touch up to match.

Keith Jenicek

6' wide will bow. I'd install a top & bottom support if I were going to use MDO. If you cannot give it extra horizontal support, I would say you have the wrong substrate.

MikePro

add horizontal (aluminum/steel) bars for support on the backside, or another post in the center.

in all reality, however, its an MDO sign.... client should know its not made to last forever. put it up as-is and just inform your client of what might happen down the line unless they want to upgrade.