• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Install signage on corrugated seacan

Chasez

Hi All, we don't normally do signage on items like this but we have a really good client looking to have their logo put on a couple seacans. They're fairly corrugated so wondering if there are any tips anyone could share to help with the install. Their logo is very simple, 5 letters @ 36" is what it will be, 2mil cast white vinyl.

Chaz

Attachments

• seacan.png
    seacan.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 505

2B

as your image shows, the graphics will be distorted by the ribs and valleys.
our installer does a vertical hinge and works the graphics from the middle out

if you want the image to be easy to see, take a substrate and mount on top of the ribs, will give a flat surface so the graphics are easy to read from any angle.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
measure how much the vinyl will travel in and out of the valleys and stretch the logo out the same.

hinge on the side. I have done this before and it looks great.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

donkur

Hi All, we don't normally do signage on items like this but we have a really good client looking to have their logo put on a couple seacans. They're fairly corrugated so wondering if there are any tips anyone could share to help with the install. Their logo is very simple, 5 letters @ 36" is what it will be, 2mil cast white vinyl.

Chaz
Hi. I've done letters on corrugated metal like that. What I did was measure a 2' flat distance. I then took a piece of premask and followed the curves in that 2' distance, peeled it, measured it, then distorted the artwork accordingly. Installation was fairly easy, one letter at a time, started from one side, not the middle, only so I had control as to where it started/ended.