• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

install

WOODBS

We had a car dealer in neighbor city contact us on install only wrap, no worries. well after completion, there was a missing piece for the hood. i said I would come back up and install when they got it in, but needed to be paid since it wasnt my fault the printer failer to include the piece. they are holding the payment until I can make it back up for the hood install...which will be a few days, they are 45 mins away. am I wrong in wanting the payment?

BadAss

They should pay you. your are giving a courtesy just to come back and do what was not included in the print package. Not your fault...M*

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Asking for payment for what you did is fine. An additional 1.5 hour return trip charge needs to be added also unless they drive the vehicle to you.

WOODBS

exactly!!! piece missing as we were finishing.. I told them I wouldn't charge a trip charge if I were up there anyway. Now I have to complete to get payment? unacceptable

PromoGuyTy

You should checked to see if all the pieces to the puzzle were there before you started putting it together.

Surely you can wait a coupla' days for your check.

Sticky Signs

Charge full price for the original install and add on the travel for the second trip plus whatever time you spent dealing with the added headache.

ProWraps

couple of days? im lucky if i get paid ever. let alone under 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

phototec

Check before starting job

exactly!!! piece missing as we were finishing.

Wow, you didn't check all the pieces (panels) before starting the job?

That doesn't sound like a good MO to me, I took a wrap training class last May, and Justin Pate had us check all the panels to make sure we had everything we needed and that all the panels were the right size, you should always do this prior to starting any wrap job. Especially if YOU did not furnish the printed graphics!

So, I give you a small part of the blame, however regarding payment, as you said it's not your fault the hood panel was missing, and you should have been paid 75% of the total at the least, for the the work you completed.

Sticky Signs

I agree that you should do a check before installing anything provided by someone else. However, that may not always be an option depending on the install and the location. Either way, you agreed to do an install at a set price based on the fact the client was going to hold up their end of the deal. Sounds to me like they didn't. You where missing one panel. Checking for all the pieces prior to install wouldn't change the fact that a piece was missing. Either way, you would have to make a second trip to complete the job. At the very least, the client should be paying for the extra travel time.