• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation Conundrum.....................

Pat Whatley

Frame in your triangle using 2x6 lumber including cross pieces along the bottom. Line with visqueen. Fill with topsoil. Add plants. Viola! It's a 2000 pound planter!

Attachments

• 312.jpg
    312.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50

rjssigns

Frame in your triangle using 2x6 lumber including cross pieces along the bottom. Line with visqueen. Fill with topsoil. Add plants. Viola! It's a 2000 pound planter!

Absolutely smashing idea! When they're done with the sign it can be disassembled and the "ballast" left on site.:thumb: Gold star for you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

That's exactly what we're proposing. I didn't think of the visqueen, cause I didn't know what it was. We're gonna add a floor and just weight it, but your idea will at least look nice. I might give them that idea and let them plant whatever they want. Heck, maybe they'll put Jimmy Hoffa in there........... :Big Laugh

Pat Whatley

The visqueen isn't really needed if you keep your boards close together. I've used it in the past just to help the planter hold water.