• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Installation/finishing for 2 sided mdo project

John B.

Hi y'all. I'm looking for some input on a project I'd like to put together. I want to fabricate a two-panel sign out of mdo or alumalite...the panels being mounted back to back. I need to space them 6 to 8 inches from each other in order to put some additional hardware between the panels.
Any advice as to how to fill the gap between the panels...in essence, to make the sign appear 6-8 inches thick?
I'm leaning toward aluminum flashing, but am open to any ideas. The panels will be oddly shaped; not just
rectangles. If that is the route I take, it will involve a lot of bending of the flashing. I will also need to incorporate an access panel to reach the interior space occasionally.

Thoughts? Thank you.

CanuckSigns

Would someone be able to put together a little drawing of the flashing method? It's not a type of sign we make too often but I always think the space between the panels looks unfinished, if someone can show how to fill this in in a way that looks professional I would appreciate it very much!!