• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation help

Hey Gang,

I got a new look for my business (after the drubbing I took for the one I designed.) I need some advice on the best way to install this.
The sign location is down by the highway about 125 feet across the parking lot underneath the gas prices and moveable copy board that the main business uses. The distance between the poles is ten feet in width. If I use 4x8 material then it will work out to be about 48 x 56 finished size (I intend on cutting it out to shape. I'm gonna make another thread on that issue as well.)

I am thinking just screw a couple of pieces of angle iron between the poles and paint them white and attach the sign to that.
Also, do you have any ideas to make it bigger to fill in more of the available space?

Thanks.

Attachments

• New logo.jpg
    New logo.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 68

Moze

Precision Sign Services
You're going to need to build a complete frame due to windload. I would assume you need to get a permit (?). If so, they're going to want to see drawings showing the framing/attachment method is sufficient.

''Above All'' is going to look funny at the bottom of the sign. :)

johnnysigns

Something to adequately support the force that wind will induce on the sign. A 4x5ft or 5x6ft "sail" could do major property or personal damage if it gets free in some good wind.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
[SUB]I think I misinderstood your post. For some reason I read it as you were going to install vertical angle iron at the ends and that's all the sign was going to be fastened to.

If you run horizontal angle iron stringers (like I think you meant), you should be fine. If you're attaching to existing steel supports, you're going to have to weld to the existing supports, unless it's I-beam or you otherwise have access to nut-and-bolt it.[/SUB]

Billct2

I would design a sign to fit the space, logo on the left, some services & contact on the right

Thanks Moze. You are correct with the horizontal stringers. So you think welding is the only way to make it sturdy enough?

Bill& Moze....I thought of that too but I really wanna add to the dimensional look by cutting it out to shape ( I started another thread on making it dimensional. I would appreciate it if you would both take a look there and tell me what you think.) Can you tell me of a way to use up the whole space and yet give it a dimensional look?

Thanks.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Thanks Moze. You are correct with the horizontal stringers. So you think welding is the only way to make it sturdy enough?

Bill& Moze....I thought of that too but I really wanna add to the dimensional look by cutting it out to shape ( I started another thread on making it dimensional. I would appreciate it if you would both take a look there and tell me what you think.) Can you tell me of a way to use up the whole space and yet give it a dimensional look?

Thanks.

If you had a way to through-bolt it, it would be strong enough. Without seeing what the existing supports are (steel tube, I-beam, etc.) it's hard to advise how to attach it. Do you have any photos of the sign?