• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation issue!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I was trying to do a fresh install of Omega on a "new" computer. Windows XP, home edition, 2002 edition, SP2 Omega 1.56, USB dongle I installed the Rainbow Sentinal Driver, and accidentally left the key installed... Now when I go on to the Install Omega it says it cannot find the key. I did not realize I had my USB hub connected to this computer; I thought it was plugged into the other one! When I run the Sentinal Medic it doesn't find it? (but I've also never seen/used this tool) The green light is on and the computer sees a "Software Security Token" / USB Token.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think the windows driver may be corrupt , as when I try to update the driver and replace the generic USB driver with one of the drivers from the disk or the Rainbow Technologies directory in Windows the computer reboots! Help!

D-Kal

I had the same issue, I still have my 1.56 Dongle.

I tried to install it with the dongle connected after I installed the Rainbow drivers and it wouldn't install

I called Gerber but they no longer support 1.56, I was stuck with a software I couldn't install :banghead:

Then I bought a couple of computers with Gerber Omega 5.0 Installed, and no dongle needed ( yes, No dongle ) I been running the computers this way for last 8 months with no issues, am able to cut, print save and design

Try erasing everything, and reinstalling you have to do a fresh install, Good Luck

jfiscus

Rap Master
Funny thing is, I can install the dongle and software just fine on Windows 7 (run everything on the CD in XP simulation/compatibility mode). However, 1.56 only recognizes LPT and COMM ports.... and I can't get the USB conversion cables to recognize as I think you have to have 2.X for those to work.

D-Kal

Funny thing is, I can install the dongle and software just fine on Windows 7 (run everything on the CD in XP simulation/compatibility mode). However, 1.56 only recognizes LPT and COMM ports.... and I can't get the USB conversion cables to recognize as I think you have to have 2.X for those to work.

Did you download the drivers for the USB cables?

If Not I have them and can send them to you, Or you can download them from the Gerber site if you haven't already.

There are two drivers one for the Plotters/Cutters and another one for the Gerber Edge Cable

Its been a while since I used 1.56 but if memory serves me correct the USB may not be compatible with 1.56

But just in case check that you have the updated USb drivers for your machine before continuing.

BK Vinyl

Interesting... I'd like to know how they're doing that. I'm still using 4.0, however I'm not willing to go back to Windows XP.