• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation of backlit banner material in a Gas Station Pylon sign frame

jdale

Hey everyone.

It seems that the more we get into wide-format the more we get jobs thrown at us. We are primarily a digital printing shop but kept turning away wide format work. Now that we have gotten ourselves a few pieces of equipment in wide format we're getting more and more work. Can't complain about that.

This latest job is installing some backlit banner material in a gas station pylon frame. The frames were all taken down by another company and the backlit banner material was all delivered onsite. When the company that originally quoted the job decided not to show up for a week * thus delaying the opening of the gas station * they were fired and we were called in to finish the job.

All the other company had done is taken the frames down and apart. Then brought them back to their shop. Once they had did what they had to do brought them back with the rolls of backlit ready to be installed.

I'm presuming that they were going to use some sort of stretcher frame to then mount that onto the pylon frames but not sure.

The other company is upset because they had staffing issues and couldn't complete the job for another 2 weeks. ANyhow i'm hoping I can get some advice on how to run with this since i'm a little lost.

The client has been a good customer of ours and understands this is our first time.

Thanks for any advice.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Fun, fun...

They're typically referred to as "flex faces", just FYI.

There should be an existing tensioning system unless the other company removed all of the clips? Typically the "frame" isn't removed.

Any photos?

jdale

Here's what they look like

To me this is designed for Acrylic or something similar.

Of course they tossed out all the screws as well.

CAM00078.jpg CAM00080.jpg

jdale

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys.

So apparently the job was incorrectly done on Banner materials and the previous vendor has agreed to redo the signs in backlit.

Making my life easier. Thanks to Laird Plastics here in Ottawa I got my sign white acrylic all cut up and ready for pickup.

I'll take some pictures of the job before and after.

Cheers

JD