• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

installation of Solar vinyl (large)

msenjur

Hello!

I have a job to install solar vinyl to few windows size H300xL220cm. Vinyl is 150cm wide. Vinyl is meant for outside installation. I usually pull to back paper off, spray it with soap, and then turn it around on to glass... But that is easy with small sizes. Now i will have 150x300cm sheet. If i would do it with turning around, im afraid i will get dust under the vinyl when i will turning around such big sheet.

How do you install such big formats??

ams

I have no idea what solar vinyl is. Google returns nothing. I am assuming it's a window cling due to the fact you are using liquid to apply.
If so, what I do is tape half way across it, spray and lay down one side and then remove the tape carefully, peel the other side and do the same. Once it's on there you can squeegee out the liquid fully.

msenjur

hehe, it is window film...

i also did a lot of google searching how to install this film...

i found out that "reverse roll" method would be most suitable for me... but i dont know excaly how it works...

does anyone use this method?

Zac

Mediocre Designer

i found out that "reverse roll" method would be most suitable for me... but i dont know excaly how it works...

The way I do big sheets (usually Avery Etchmark frost) is we start a "leader" by peeling back about 3-6 inches of backer and fold the backer over on itself. From there we spray down the window and squeegee the lead edge down butted up against the top usually. Once that's in place and the top is secured, you just pull the backer paper down and squeegee as it's being installed. Pull off about a foot or so at a time, squeegee, then repeat until you're done. You'll get in a rhythm quickly. Use plenty of application fluid. Usually a guy on each side but could be done with one guy as long as you got reach.

basically impossible to type out how to do it, you tube window film California Rolling Film or back rolling window film subjects, should get something. If you have a paper linear or tight synthetic you may need to have someone pull it for you or help flip.....Keeping dust out is always a problem its more of the environment and cleaning the glass

msenjur

i did some sketch... im i thinking right?

attachment.php

Attachments

• reverse.jpg
    reverse.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 155

decalman

I wish solar vinyl was an electric thing. That would be too cool.Great battery charging. I was already to buy some.

msenjur

hello again!

meanwhile i have installed many solar-windows film.

But every now and then im having troubles with little dust pieces.

My last install was terrible. I dont know where all the dust pices came from... Window was cleaned as usual. First with soap and scraper. Then soap and paper towel. Then wiper and towel on edges. And then sprayed windows with soap, sprayed vinyl backer with soap, peel backer off, sprayed vinyl and install it on window. But there was small pieces all over vinyl.

Damn.