• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

installed a new router - now PM will not print

Rat_Fink

I was having connection problems & I was pretty sure my old router (Linksys) was the culprit so I purchased a new router (D-Link)

My printer is a Mutoh Falcoln Jr & is connected using TCP/IP with the SEH Intercon Printserver.

After hooking everything up, I open InterCon-Net tools software & see that I have an IP address of 192.168.000.101 & it shows that it is connected.

I open Production Manager & set the printer to TCP/IP & enter the same ip address & hit apply then ok.

When I try to print, I get the message "Cannot Open Port" under status.

I can successfully ping the IP.

Also the IP of the NIC card is 192.168.000.100 so the IP of the printer should be correct at 192.168.000.101

Is there anything else I should check or any setting in the router itself I should check?

My other router connected fine & was able to print, but I was having connection problems - the printer would pause & restart printing & sometime hang & the job would have to be re-started. I noticed that my PC would show that the network cable was "unplugged".

I would appreciate any advice as I really need to get this up & running again.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• intercon.jpg
    intercon.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 107
  • pm.jpg
    pm.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 102

heyskull

Do you have a desktop printer?
Knock it off.
I have a friend with a JV3 and a JV33 and neither of them communicate when the desktop printer is on.

Once a year our Valuejet vanishes from the network for upto 3 days and then it just reappears!
Try leaving all the machines on over the new year and see if its back on Monday.

Networks can be easy and sometimes no matter what you do it won't work.

SC

southshoredecal

do you have any way to confirm the ip address of the printer in question? try pinging it to see if it is the correct ip address, you can also try changing the range and dhcp settings in the router the 000 octet might be an issue.

choucove

Depending upon how the router is connected with the rest of the devices, you might have to configure port-forwarding as well, though that is most likely not the case.

As stated above the 000 octet might be causing an issue with some devices. If you can get into your D-Link router, set it's default IP address to be something such as 192.168.1.1 and hand out dhcp IP addresses in a range of like 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.150. If your computers are not receiving their IP addresses from the router (either static IP addresses have been set or another device is the DHCP server in your network) then that is another issue.