Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installed new scraper and wipers get stuck?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by sid-fmx, Feb 25, 2010.

1. sid-fmx

sid-fmx Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Hi, I just did a maintenance cleaning and replaced sponges, wipers and scraper. Now the wipers cant get past the scraper. They just get stuck. Im using the new black scraper which is a tad thicker but dont understand why they cant get past. Any ideas. Thanks

Tags:
  2. sid-fmx

sid-fmx Member

Jul 28, 2007
    ok, I found the problem. The wipers I bought are a translucent white and are much stiffer then the black wipers. Too stiff to get past the scraper. Anyone else have any experience with the white wipers? Im lucky these didnt break the wiper motor or gearing. I bought a package of 8 of these and turned out to be a complete waist of money.

3. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    I have used the white wipers but they cracked my old scraper. Get rid of them. I now have a new black scraper and black wipers and everything is working great.

John