• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help installed print head

signgirl71

I installed a new printhead on my sp 300, this is the second time I have done a printhead install on my own. I couldn't find the old video I used for the first one but found another that walked me through it. Problem is, after restarting - it wants to do this fill ink thing that is wasting all my ink into the drain bottle. I stopped it but everytime I go to restart it asks for the ink type (eco or eco max), asks me to take out cartridges/put them back in and continues to drain my ink. How can I bypass this? The last head I changed didn't do this so I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

signgirl71

I installed a new printhead on my sp 300, this is the second time I have done a printhead install on my own. I couldn't find the old video I used for the first one but found another that walked me through it. Problem is, after restarting - it wants to do this fill ink thing that is wasting all my ink into the drain bottle. I stopped it but everytime I go to restart it asks for the ink type (eco or eco max), asks me to take out cartridges/put them back in and continues to drain my ink. How can I bypass this? The last head I changed didn't do this so I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!
nevermind, every time I post on here after struggling hours to figure it out myself, a minute later something pops up and I figure out a fix - lol - somehow in the maintenance mode it had the ink set on unknown. Once I changed that to eco max and restarted the machine it stopped trying to fill the empty bottle with all my ink. Don't know how to just erase my posts so maybe this will help someone in the future!