Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed sandblasted cedar signs for lumber company.

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by SignManiac, Sep 10, 2010.

1. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Here are two that I finally got pictures of. It was shipped to the client and they did the install. The green one was ordered first and then they decided they would prefer another one even larger but with brown posts instead. The big one of the two stands 16' high and the sign face is 7' x 7' x 3" thick. One heavy S.O.B.

These are simple looking designs but they were complicated to build. I learned a few new things on these, even after having made hundreds of sandblasted signs over my career. I could have engineered a better, longer lasting sign out of other materials, but the client was pretty set on using wood being they are a lumber company. I guess plastics would be considered sacrilegious.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. surf city

surf city Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Toms River, NJ
    Both signs look great, you do some really nice work.

3. Aaron SDF

Aaron SDF Guest

Nice work, solid, clean. Also really like the end caps, seems more regal.

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Very nice !!

Ya know, I like both ways. I'd have a hard time picking one or the other for many reasons. Playing Devil's Advocate, I could go either way.

5. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Those are massive!
    Well done, Bob.
    Love....Jill

6. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Thanks everyone. I don't have a preference one way or the other in terms of design, but... the big one would be my choice based on the price I sold it for :)

7. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Nice Wok!

Can you tell us what you learned, and how it might benefit some others, also how about some close up photos of the detail, can't see the detail in these photos?

How is the sign panel mounted to the posts, top and bottom?

Nice work!:clapping:

Thanks