• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installed sandblasted cedar signs for lumber company.

SignManiac

Here are two that I finally got pictures of. It was shipped to the client and they did the install. The green one was ordered first and then they decided they would prefer another one even larger but with brown posts instead. The big one of the two stands 16' high and the sign face is 7' x 7' x 3" thick. One heavy S.O.B.

These are simple looking designs but they were complicated to build. I learned a few new things on these, even after having made hundreds of sandblasted signs over my career. I could have engineered a better, longer lasting sign out of other materials, but the client was pretty set on using wood being they are a lumber company. I guess plastics would be considered sacrilegious.

Attachments

• Rex Lumber - small version.jpg
    Rex Lumber - small version.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Rex Lumber Co.JPG
    Rex Lumber Co.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 70
A

Aaron SDF

Nice work, solid, clean. Also really like the end caps, seems more regal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very nice !!

Ya know, I like both ways. I'd have a hard time picking one or the other for many reasons. Playing Devil's Advocate, I could go either way.

SignManiac

Thanks everyone. I don't have a preference one way or the other in terms of design, but... the big one would be my choice based on the price I sold it for :)

phototec

Nice Wok!

I learned a few new things on these, even after having made hundreds of sandblasted signs over my career.

Can you tell us what you learned, and how it might benefit some others, also how about some close up photos of the detail, can't see the detail in these photos?

How is the sign panel mounted to the posts, top and bottom?

Nice work!:clapping:

Thanks