• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installer Training ?

Brian Campbell

Production Manger - The Ohio State University
Does anyone know of a good installer training program for printed wall graphics, vinyl, window film etc.... Wanting to send a couple of my guys to train. We are a small in-house sign shop and are getting a lot of requests for wall art and window film.

I found 3M does a 3-day class for wall, windows, floors and fleet, does anyone have experience with that program? I don't really need the fleet training, and don't know how much of the class will be 3M specific. We don't run very much 3M materials.

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
I only know about 3M's classes. But there are lot's of good youtube videos out there (and of course some bad ones).... have them spend a day (or two) watching a lot of different ones. Be sure to get a good variety of different "experts" for a well rounded approach. don't just stick to one persons channel and their methods.

Humble PM

Mostly tolerates architects
You'll need a huge screen, popcorn and some beverages while watching. Should be a fun day or two.
And a building due to be taken down in a few months time for them to practice on.

Or, one due to open in a few months time for them to practice on, and learn the joys of installing and extalling.

Should be a fun week or two.

RyanECS

Does anyone know of a good installer training program for printed wall graphics, vinyl, window film etc.... Wanting to send a couple of my guys to train. We are a small in-house sign shop and are getting a lot of requests for wall art and window film.

I found 3M does a 3-day class for wall, windows, floors and fleet, does anyone have experience with that program? I don't really need the fleet training, and don't know how much of the class will be 3M specific. We don't run very much 3M materials.
3M certification is good BUT not much in the walls, windows and floors realm. Most of the class specializes in fleet and wrapping. They are eventually going to break down the certification into specific groups so if you want to just get certified in wraps/vehicles or just walls/windows it will be a possibility.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Get a hold of Dan Nava at https://ibowtraining.com/ You can set up a class at his facility, or book him to come out to yours depending on the number of people attending the training. Have him coming out here in the next couple weeks for an in-house training day. My daughter attended his wrap training in Indianapolis and said it was very beneficial to her.

Stacey K

I like making signs
If they are good at fleet installing then the transition shouldn't be too bad. Your concern with not using 3M materials - maybe switch over for now with certain "new" installs and once the guys are comfortable then you can experiment more? Would definitely open your business up to new opportunities - or regret LOL