• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing 4x8 banner onfence

Berferful

We are going to be installing a number of 4x8 sponsor banners on a chain link fence at a sports field. Can I get some tips on installation please? How many grommets? How best to attach to the fence? Any help appreciated.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd use black heavy zip-ties, You could get away with just grommeting the corners (depending on what weight of banner you are using) but I would go at least 3 on a side on a side - pull the corners tight and then set the middle ones to keep the centers from dropping.

wayne k
guam usa

Billct2

The more grommets the better, and heavy zip ties. Of course they can easily be stolen, make sure the client knows that.

Billct2

Not a lot, but the same kids that seem to enjoy trashing playgrounds and ball fields enjoy taking stuff too. And our college clients have had pole banners stolen from 20' up, most likely by rival schools.

GVP

Zip ties always seem to fail for us - these are a better bet.

fenceclips.jpg

JBusch260

Agreed on the heavy zip ties. Reinforcing the grommets with PowerTape, or something similar around the grommets, will also help with tearing from wind. Good luck!

Billct2

On the ones we had a problem with we put a wire tie, wire cable with wire clamp, in the corners.

View attachment 89189
Over kill and over priced. Make your own if you want it to be bolted, I make something similar mounting signs to a chain link. Make a 3" x 3" sq. Alum washer, round he corners, punch a hole on the center, and use a Bolt, washer, then custom made washer on back of fence and nut and then you have a homemade fence clamp out of scrap alum.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 89189
Over kill and over priced. Make your own if you want it to be bolted, I make something similar mounting signs to a chain link. Make a 3" x 3" sq. Alum washer, round he corners, punch a hole on the center, and use a Bolt, washer, then custom made washer on back of fence and nut and then you have a homemade fence clamp out of scrap alum.

allamericantrade

Use Zip Ties. Make sure to use black. The other colored and white ones are not UV rated and will deteriorate.

- - - Updated - - -

Use Zip Ties. Make sure to use black. The other colored and white ones are not UV rated and will deteriorate.

MikePro

can't beat black zip-ties.
well, you can, but its overkill and a waste of time/money. by the time you've screwed anything in... you could have zip-tied nearly all of your banners.