• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing a multiple panel print

Zambookajoe

Ive been making signs now for over 10 years but Ive been only a year or so with my mimaki jv33 160 Ive done a few signs for example 8feet high by 16feet wide so 4 4x8 sheets what my problem is when I install my graphics on these sheets I have a tendency for being off between the panels either from the installation does anybody have a method thats pretty consistent

what size do you print your graphics 48.5 and how do you go about of installing them do you leave extra media each side. or stay pretty tight
tried a few ways and Im off from .25 to .5 sometimes or am I just being a bit too perfect

Mitch

ZsVinylInc

If I were to do a job of an 8' x 16' sign I would never mount them via a laminator. First of all I would print all panels at least with a half inch over lap on all sides to start. I would find a place big enough to at least be able to lay two panels(preferably an area where you can layout all the panels) on the ground or tables side by side or end to end. I would put two panels down and maybe use some tape to help hold them together and to the floor so they don't move. I would then lay out my first panel and get it tacked in place. Before I applying panel one I would layout the second panel and make sure that everything lines up correctly. I would then apply panel one. I would then only trim the side that is butting up against the next panel. Leave the other three sides untrimmed for now. I would then lay down the vinyl for panel number 2 using the half inch over lay to make sure you are lined up correctly. Then trim it right down the seam between the two panels. You should be perfect. Then just repeat process on other two panels. Hope this helps and makes sense.

Big Z