• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing alucobond on brick

laserfred

This may sound like a rookie question, but I really don't want a sign falling on someone's head. I will be cnc routing the 3-part white sign on the top of the building. I think the best way to install it is horizontal 2x2 aluminum angles on the wall, matched with other ones on the back of the logo pieces, then screw from the top or bottom. My questions are : is this a good method ? How do you glue the aluminum angle to the back of the alucobond panel ? Winters and summers can have 100 degree temperature variations around here... so expansion & contraction is an issue.

I could use gemini style aluminum letters with stud for the text, but was wondering if i used the same routed alucopanel, is there a way to put studs on the back without drilling through?

thanks!

Attachments

• chat.jpg
    chat.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 165

Redz Signs Inc.

id use lord fusor 403/19 thats what we use to put box cabnets together and its super stong and you shouldent have any problems at all we never did and it makes for a clean look. as far as the prep work grind the allumnum and the sign to bare, clean with any type of solvent apply glue , and vice grip it , 90 min later unbreakable bond . and its relitivly inexpencive,

Billct2

Lords is great, 3M vhb is great
but at that height some thru bolts aren't going to be noticed.