• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Construction Fence Mesh

fresh

Hi,
I have to quote an install for a construction fence windscreen, and we've never installed one before, but I can't imagine its hard.

Anyway, its 6ft x 260ft on a chain link fence, is 12 man-hours a reasonable amount to charge? Also, best way to install is with zip ties, correct?

Finally, how long should I have the banner runs? is 60ft too much to handle at once?

Thanks!

bannertime

I'd say 9-12 man hours would be about right. 60 feet is pretty long, but at 6ft it's not too bad. Make it 65. Buy a Panduit Cable Tie Gun and some heavy duty black ties. Super easy.

FASTSIGNS

Yes, we use zip ties. We like to print in 20' lengths. Most times the artwork dictates the lengths of about that size. I think 12 hours is a bit much. Recently, we had about that same amount in lenght (although 5' in height) and it took 2 teenagers about 3 hours to zip it all. But always better to price over!