Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Construction Fence Mesh

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by fresh, Sep 11, 2018.

1. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Hi,
    I have to quote an install for a construction fence windscreen, and we've never installed one before, but I can't imagine its hard.

Anyway, its 6ft x 260ft on a chain link fence, is 12 man-hours a reasonable amount to charge? Also, best way to install is with zip ties, correct?

Finally, how long should I have the banner runs? is 60ft too much to handle at once?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I'd say 9-12 man hours would be about right. 60 feet is pretty long, but at 6ft it's not too bad. Make it 65. Buy a Panduit Cable Tie Gun and some heavy duty black ties. Super easy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FASTSIGNS

FASTSIGNS Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Yes, we use zip ties. We like to print in 20' lengths. Most times the artwork dictates the lengths of about that size. I think 12 hours is a bit much. Recently, we had about that same amount in lenght (although 5' in height) and it took 2 teenagers about 3 hours to zip it all. But always better to price over!

• Like Like x 1
  4. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    thanks for the input!