• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing cutter on Flexi 7.5 Pro

Bill Smith

I'm trying to help someone reinstall Flexi 7.5 Pro. I'm a SignLab user. After installing Flexi and starting the program all is well.

However, trying to test out the Ioline cutter through Flexi presents a problem.

Using the Ioline Control Center I am able to run a calibration test plot. So, we know the cutter and computer are communicating with each other.

But when I select "Cut" to send an object to Production Manager, there are no plotters of any brand listed to select for the initial setup. The same applies if I select "RIP and Print"... there are no printers available.

When installing SignLab, I'm presented with lists of both cutters and printers to select from and the drivers are installed and working the first time I load the program for design. The Flexi installation presented no such opportunity.

If someone could give me a hint as to how to tell Flexi how to find the Ioline SmartTrac cutter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Last edited:

Bill Smith

Ahhh... she didn't give me a second disk. Assuming she can still find it, what is the procedure for installing them? Looking in the "Drivers" folder there are plenty of drivers for all makes of printers and cutters. Is there a way to install from there? Ioline was one of them.

Production Manager simply says "Other...". Of course when I select that you get an empty drop down box with no way to search or browse.

Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

Bill Smith

Still need help

Thanks for the reply. I can get all the latest drivers. That's not my problem. How do I get Flexi to install them and communicate with the cutter.

As I said earlier, the computer and the cutter are communicating with each other.

When I send an object to Production Manager to be cut, I'm asked "On this computer?", "On a network computer?", or a third choice. I select "This computer".

Then I'm to select a cutter setup. However, there are no cutters listed in the pull down list.

Again... there are cutter drivers in the "Drivers" folder in the FlexiSign 7.5 folder on the hard drive. How do I get them to appear in the selection list?

Thanks again.

Bill

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Without the second disc for Flexi you are pretty much hosed.... when you run the second disc that is what installs the machine configurations for Production Manager. As it is you only have Flexi Designer.

Bill Smith

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. She said she thought there used to be a second disk. An electrical storm took out her old computer over the past weekend. She had to make arrangements to get another computer during the week. lSo, yesterday she went back home to dig out Flexi but only brought me one disk. She's been cutting for years so there is a 2nd disk somewhere. <G>

Not being a Flexi user I wasn't aware there was another disk. I'm sure she'll locate it and we'll get her up and cutting next week.

Thanks for all the help