• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Decals On Grain Bins

signguy35

I have a customer that is wanting decals to be put on ribbed grain bins. The overall size will be about 6'x16". what is the trick to go in the ribs but also going around the curve of the bin. this will be done most likely with cast cut vinyl. Thanks.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Do. Each. Letter. Individually.

If it's one big decal, well I just don't know how one could do that. If you try it, please report back with pics. Thank you.

signguy35

sadly no. The customer is building a bar and wants the old SIOUX logo on it. I am almost thinking now to paint the thing on. When he called and said grain bin my heart started to beat a little faster. im not looking forward to this. I will let you know how it goes.

TXFB.INS

if it is the logo I am thinking of and the standard style ribbed grain bin, then yes you will be better off for painting it

sonnyphoto

Premium Subscriber
How about printing the logo and then applying to ribbed material and adding that to the grain bin. (same material)

signguy35

well I got it done last week. Turned out awesome. used Matte black cut vinyl. the curve wasnt that bad and I cut each letter and installed individually. Customer loved it. I was too worried about nothing big.