• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Digital vinyl on 18' Truck with rivets

TrimSignz

Hi

I need to install digital vinyl with laminating film on 18' truck. Is has rivets on every 16". design is 30" x 18'. Customer don't want to spend much money on it. Whats the best way to install it? I usually install long material by using rapid-tac. As i found on this forum is, there are alot of experienced and professional sign makers and installer. So better to take some good advice. Thanks in advance.

Mosh

Be sure to use an air release film. Go on youtube, there are loads of install vids on there.

thesignexpert

Yep, cast air-release vinyl (I would use 3M IJI80cv3 w/ 8518), dry install, leave air around rivet rows and finish with torch & rolle pro.

+1

NO WET APPLICATION! The moisture will get trapped around the rivets and behind seams creating all sorts of problems.