• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing fonts ..won't work! Help...

steriltech

Hi All hope you all had a wonderful thanks giving! Now for the problem at hand...I wanted to know how to do those awesome 3d letters.So I came here for help and a member turn me on to a website called Letter head fonts. Have to thanks him for that its awesome! so I chose Convecta wich is a great 3d look.

I paid $29.00 for it down loaded the fonts saved to me desk top and that's as far as I could go? how do I incorparated to flexi's fonts? The weard this about this fonts is you have to biuld it in 3 sections! to create the 3d look. Man did I bite more than I can chew I don't care about the $30.00 What do I do to use it could I even use flexi pro?

Would some one please help me or should I said better school me with this here matter! Please lamesterm I' a pre schooler..:thankyou:

skyhigh

go to control panel... choose "fonts"... go to "file" and there should be a tab that says "install new fonts"....browse to where you have it saved to.

mladams7259

what you need to do is extract the file on your desktop. You should be able to double click the file and the associated program will open. I do not know what program you have, lets say you have the windows extractor. When you double click a new window will open. You click on "extract all files" when you do it will ask you where to put the files. Click "my computer" then "C: Drive" (It will be named differently on every computer but C: will be there for sure) then click on "Windows" then click on "Fonts" and extract the files there. The actual line would be: C:\Windows\Fonts . Then all you should have to do is open Flexi and find the font it should either be two or three seperate fonts. Just follow the directions on the letterhead site from there. Hope this helps. If you have a different extracting program just PM me and Ill help you.

Deaton Design

If im not wrong, the fonts from letterheadfonts have a self extracting installing program built in. You should just double click and it will do the rest.
If its just the fonts, you can also open your fonts folder, and drag and drop them right in.

steriltech

Hi All,
Thanks to the reply I did extract what was in it.What was in it was a install program it said that it installed an it was ready to use? But were is it? I check flexis fonts and its not there?? I double clicked on it and this is was it said:Completed!
Your True Type fonts are now installed and
ready to use.

(Q) The fonts are not showing up in my program!

(A) Sometimes it may be necessary to restart the
computer to see the new fonts. Certainly, if
your program was open during the installation
of the fonts, you'll likely need to close the
program and restart it.

(A) The fonts may in fact be installed but you are
not looking in the right spot for them in your
program's font list. Check under the "L's". All
Letterhead Fonts begin with "LHF". For example
Amarillo font would be called: "LHF Amarillo".
If in doubt, check the actual Fonts folder itself
to see if they're in there. If not restart the
computer.

(A) Your font folder may be corrupt. This can happen
when you have too many fonts installed or have
non-font files inside the font folder. See this
section on the Support Forum:
http://www.letterheadfonts.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=33

(A) If you are using Gerber software such as Graphix Advantage
or Omega, you need to use the TT Converter. See this
page on the Support Forum:
http://www.letterheadfonts.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=31

Contact Letterhead Fonts
We want to hear from you. Ask us questions or tell
us how you are using the fonts. We are available by
phone at: 661-452-2153 Monday-Friday 7am - 6pm PST.
Or you can contact us by email: support@letterheadfonts.com

Denise Bayers, Letterhead Fonts
support@letterheadfonts.com
http://www.letterheadfonts.com

I'm still looking for it dose it work with flexi? dose anyone here have it and is using it with flexi?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
After restarting Flexi the fonts should show up in the fonts list. They may, however, carry a prefix of LH or LHF which will cause them to show up alphabetically under L instead of C.

steriltech

Ok Dose anyone here have Convecta fonts? It's a 3d lettering font? and is using it ? How do I use it in flexi?

convecta.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hi All,
Thanks to the reply I did extract what was in it.What was in it was a install program it said that it installed an it was ready to use? But were is it? I check flexis fonts and its not there?? I double clicked on it and this is was it said:Completed!
Your True Type fonts are now installed and
ready to use.

(Q) The fonts are not showing up in my program!

Try Start->Settings->Control Panel. Double click 'Fonts'. This is the official collection of fonts installed on your machine. This folder usually corresponds to 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts' but not always thus the control panel access. See if there isn't 'LHF Convecta' right there where it's supposed to be.

If it's not, or even if it is, on the Fonts folder do Tools->Folder Options->True Type Fonts and make sure that "Show only True Type fonts in the programs on my computer" is unchecked.

As I recall Letterhead Fonts is is switching over to all Open Type files instead of True Type. There's nothing wrong with doing it that way but you have to have the "Show only True Type..." option unselected in order for anything but ttf fonts to appear.

Inkfish Graphics

Ok Dose anyone here have Convecta fonts? It's a 3d lettering font? and is using it ? How do I use it in flexi?

convecta.shtml
We do and we use both the base and the convex in Flexi. You will need to typset your type in both elements and then overlay them. Of course, fine tuning the overlays will be in order 100% of the time. Just be patient with it and the results are nice.

steriltech

I want to send out a thank you to all of you!!!I finally got it in..harray!! are these suppost to used for color plotters?How do you all use them? I nean with vinyl it's kind of hard to color match as with a color printer there are more opptions..I am going to try it on vinyl. How can I place a picture here man I'm when it comes to computer its all try an error. I all by my self here thank god for you all!!