• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Gatorboard to Walls

rdm01

Hello,
We have utilized VClipz from panelclip.com to install quite a few gatorboard mounted signs. usually two clips on the poster and two on the wall work just fine. We have a larger sign in our shop that keeps falling down. We have used two clips on either side, with VHB tape, and it just won't stay.

Does anybody else use these. Should I just add a third to the middle? Are there any other techniques for mounting these signs with no visible hardware that people have good success with? Thank in advance.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
This may be helpful.

The method in Post #5 is how I installed the panels below. Zero issues to date.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 106
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 103

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Forgot to mention...after hanging the above, I hung numerous other panels for the same customer.

I used these on the panels below. They work very well and are what I would use in the future...

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 100

rdm01

Thanks, that looks like a good method. I may go that route. I think one issue is that we are relying solely on VHB. I think there ought to be some epoxy in there somewhere.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The Command Strips would be my choice because they don't damage the wall and they hold extremely well.