Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Gemini bronze plaque next week.

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by synergy_jim, Jul 31, 2013.

1. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

Any tips and tricks for installing a Bronze plaque on a brick wall? Gemini already made a template to fit mortar joints on the wall. I plan on doing the usual drill holes / silicone method, but are there any adhesives anyone has found to work better or any tricks you'd like to share???

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    If there's any chance of theft I don't use silicone, I use construction adhesive or epoxy and put some on the back of the plaque also.

3. synergy_jim

its in a very well lit area downtown in a small village. I doubt it will be in danger, but I'll definitely take a look at some epoxy.

4. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    If it's stud-mounted and installed with a good amount of silicone - someone is going to have have their work cut out trying to steal it. Any additional adhesive is great for extra measure (epoxy, etc.).

5. Red Ball

Red Ball Very Active Member

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Drill into the brick. Never into the mortar. It is too soft.

6. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    make sure to properly clean the holes out, and use LOTS of adhesive. especially with the risk of theft

7. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    slicone is fine no sense in looking into epoxy, believe me if they want it they are going to get it. We always fill the holes with silicone and maybe dab the rest of plaque with is. No sense in going crazy and using 15 tubes on it. silicone is hard as hell to get off

8. 704signs

704signs Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Monroe NC
    I always make a cardboard template of the sign.

Place sign on cardboard with studs installed trace around the sign so you can level the template and your stud holes will be marked as well. ( Make sure you mark the top )

This will also help with placement so you don't have to hold up heavy plaque.

9. synergy_jim

lots of good input.... thanks