• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Gemini bronze plaque next week.

synergy_jim

Any tips and tricks for installing a Bronze plaque on a brick wall? Gemini already made a template to fit mortar joints on the wall. I plan on doing the usual drill holes / silicone method, but are there any adhesives anyone has found to work better or any tricks you'd like to share???

Thanks in advance.

Billct2

If there's any chance of theft I don't use silicone, I use construction adhesive or epoxy and put some on the back of the plaque also.

synergy_jim

its in a very well lit area downtown in a small village. I doubt it will be in danger, but I'll definitely take a look at some epoxy.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
If it's stud-mounted and installed with a good amount of silicone - someone is going to have have their work cut out trying to steal it. Any additional adhesive is great for extra measure (epoxy, etc.).

TXFB.INS

make sure to properly clean the holes out, and use LOTS of adhesive. especially with the risk of theft

visual800

slicone is fine no sense in looking into epoxy, believe me if they want it they are going to get it. We always fill the holes with silicone and maybe dab the rest of plaque with is. No sense in going crazy and using 15 tubes on it. silicone is hard as hell to get off

704signs

I always make a cardboard template of the sign.

Place sign on cardboard with studs installed trace around the sign so you can level the template and your stud holes will be marked as well. ( Make sure you mark the top )

This will also help with placement so you don't have to hold up heavy plaque.